Saturday, September 20, 2014

Craftiness... baby fun and more cowls

I love making things for babies... who doesn't?  We have more young families in my place of work and they are making beautiful babies so I have indulged myself and made some bibs for the latest baby boys that have arrived.



I have made this pattern before in pinks and it is the Fabulous Fifties bib from Nicole Mallalieu.  I did use toweling again for the backing but searched for a thinner towelling to make the sewing easier.  I found tea towels made from microfiber toweling and I am hoping their absorbency will make this a good bib.


The only changes I made was to make the ties a little longer than the pattern states and I would highly recommend making or buying more binding than given in the pattern.  Other than that a great pattern!

Knitting wise - I had a second ball of the wool I made my willow cowl from so made myself another cowl (can you have too many?).  This time a crocheted cowl using the pattern Richmond lace infinity scarf.  



This is the scarf worn by me.  I was at the Jumpers & Jazz Festival held in Warwick in July.  For those yarnies out there the kitchen behind me is fully yarn bombed, including the knitted black and white tiles.


And to come full circle, while I was at Jumpers & Jazz I bought a lovely ball of hand-dyed, hand painted yarn...



and made another willow cowl...


Modeled here by Diana as the weather has turned too warm here to model it myself.

Ciao kittens... more sewing soon...

2 comments:

  1. Very cute bibs and your cowls always look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the bibs! Using microfibre towels for the lining is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...