Sunday, February 10, 2013

Resort Wear #4 Shorts Burda 05-2012-121

The high waisted Burda pants I made recently, have a shorts version, so I thought I would make a pair - Burda 05-2012-121  I used a remnant piece of fabric which was left over from a failed muslin.  The fabric is a stretch woven purchased previously from Spotlight to muslin some pants, but I liked the fabric and was quite disappointed when the muslin did not work.  However I had enough to make these shorts, by shortening the leg a little and leaving off the pockets.  Leaving off the pockets also made it a very quick sew.  I have reviewed the long version, so will not review this pattern as it is so similar.

So just a few snaps to show you how they turned out...


I used twill tape in the seam of the waistband, to help hold the waistband so it wouldn't stretch out.  It seemed to work well on the day I wore them.


A piccie to show the inside front facing.  This picture is probably closet to the actual colour of the pants, which seem to photograph a different colour in each shot!


I was very proud of my tidy zipper finish, so took some photos of that too...



One more piece in my resort wear collection... the Stylearc Suzie top.  I only have to sew the buttons on and I am done... Hopefully shall give you the photos of that top before we go on our mini-holiday.  Ciao!

12 comments:

  1. These are great. I really like the asymmetric waist on these. Your zip finishing is ace too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing your pants the other day I've been contemplating this pattern and I think I'll make them as shorts. I really like the relaxed feel and the length you have made them is perfect. I'm impressed with your zip finish. No matter how many of these I do, they still aren't great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these shorts! Very nice job with these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute and comfy looking. Have a great time on your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, you've done an amazing job on this collection... I am just waiting for my desktop computer to come home from the computer emergency room to print out the blue linen tunic pattern... I can't wait to make it in some very similar color linen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those shorts are very cool, like the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice - love the look with the top (Sunshine top I guess?)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - the Sunshine top. I really need to make more of these!

      Delete
  8. Sue, you've been sewing so much lately. I love these shorts and the pants you made form the same pattern earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be proud of that zipper finish too! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect shorts and looking forward to seeing your Sunshine top.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that cool, asymmetric fly detail. Great shorts!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...