Friday, June 15, 2012

A couple of TNT's

I have been sewing for the cold and have recently sewn these two pieces, both TNTs.  However our Winter has been really cold this year, but the last few days it has turned more into the milder Winter I would expect so I had a chance to wear them.



Excuse the wrinkles, as usual it is at the end of the work day that I can muster a photographer.  

The top is Burda 09-2010-121 the turtleneck top.  i made this last year in a cream fabric, but it stretched out of shape so was binned at the end of last Winter.  I made this cream version to replace that one.  This fabric is a cotton/elastane mix and I am not loving it.  It attracts dirt and fluff and creases terribly.  It was quite expensive too!  I have made this top in black cotton/bamboo (with no elastane) and it is soft and doesn't crush, so I think I need to look out for fabrics without the elastane??

The skirt is Burda 09-2008-120 which I have made 3 times before.  The fabric is the interesting part of this skirt.  I bought a skirt when I went op shopping recently.  It cost me $4 and was a size 16 and well worn.  The label said it is wool/nylon and it is lovely and soft and smooth and a dream to work with.  




I unpicked the skirt and used the fabric to make my skirt. I had hoped to re-use the lining, but it wasn't in good enough condition, so I lined it with a piece of stash fabric.  I think it is called Linea from Spotlight and so far I am quite happy with it.  I shall see how it washes and wears.  I had planned to add a photo of the inside but my little camera is not playing nice right now.



So tried and true sewing for Winter.  I am pretty happy with the results - particularly the skirt and think I will wear it a lot.


Ciao!

9 comments:

  1. Nice sue! I like your shoes and belt too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recycled skirt! Would the top work in a very fine wool? Yummy & warm too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great outfit, smart yet comfortable. The skirt is a win!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always satisfying to pull out a tnt pattern to extend one's wardrobe. I can see these two pieces getting a lot of wear, and they are great basics for adding all kinds of toppers too. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pieces! I always have a hard time convincing myself to sew basics, but I'm so happy when I do. It's too bad that cream fabric was a dud. The turtleneck looks lovely. I think I've made that pattern 4 times myself. It's a TNT here too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pieces! I hope the cream fabric decides to behave better for you. Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool that you used the thrifted piece to make a wonderful skirt from your TNT pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit - you'll be able to wear those two pieces with so many things. It's a shame you don't like the cream fabric because it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly, the important stuff, LOVE the shoes! :-))

    Your outfit looks lovely. And it has been quite mild the last couple of days, hasn't it. Not enough for me to get out of my jeans, but certainly short sleeves weather. Good to see you are getting in and making some gorgeous pieces.

    I'm slogging away, too. I have a couple of finished projects just waiting for photographs and a couple of projects underway.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...