Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jalie 2919 - the vest this time...

As part of my sewing for the cold, I bought this lovely piece of merino at the Fabric Store when meeting with some buddies from the Pattern Review Down Under thread.  I have made Jalie 2919 the pleated cardigan/vest and as you may notice I have gone for the vest version this time.


Previously I have made this in a jersey (bought from Spotlight) - blogged here.  I do wear this a lot so thought another version would be a good addition to the wardrobe.




The only pattern alteration was to cut the armholes a little deeper - about 1cm deeper.



I reinforced the back shoulders seams before stitching with a strip of iron-on interfacing and used Steam a Seam on the hems and arm hole finishes.  I twin -needled the hems and armholes.


I am pretty pleased with this vest.  It is warm and light to wear and will add a great splash of colour to my cold weather wardrobe!




I am pretty pleased with this vest.  It is warm and light to wear and will add a great splash of colour to my cold weather wardrobe!


The review is here and I plan to enter this garment into the 'Best of patterns' contest on Pattern Review.  I hope I will just squeak it in!

8 comments:

  1. Yay. You finished it. Nice colour Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cosy. Some lovely colour for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Sue. I think you totally nailed it with the colour. Iin other news, I'm so mpressed with your productivity of late! I need to find that groove myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Sue. Very snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great vest Sue and love the colour. Good to hear the merino knit works for the pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layering piece! You will get a lot of wear out of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great pattern, and you have made it in a warm fabric and color. It's sure to be a much worn item throughout your winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have to make this pattern. I met Emilie from Jalie this past weekend and enjoyed chatting with her very much. Looks great as a vest!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...