Thursday, January 19, 2012

What I wore yesterday.. Simplicity 2599

Back in October last year I made two versions of Simplicity 2599.  The first a wearable muslin, the second one in silk.  At the time, I was over the silk version by the time I finished it and it has sat in my wardrobe since then.  Finally yesterday I got it out to wear to work and really liked it (why I did wait so long?)


I have matched it with Simplicity 2451, which I made back in February last year.


Both patterns featured in the Pattern Review best patterns of 2010.


I enjoyed wearing this top so much, that I have decided to make some more shell tops. The top I have decided to make is the Sorbetto Top.  A pattern which should be on the top 2011 pattern list.  Many successful versions have been made, the latest one I have seen here.

Now to finish my Vogue 1250 and then to find the sticky tape to prepare that pattern... Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. You look lovely and love your fabric.S2599 is such a wardrobe staple, I have made upto 4 shells from this pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you needed to let this time cool off until you were ready to wear it. It looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...