Next cab off the rank for the fabric stash contest. This fabric was bought in approximately March 2009. However the top I planned to make from it didn't eventuate (probably lucky as this fabric is too busy for my taste to wear as I top - what was I thinking?). However I finally worked out a use for it. Pyjama pants - what I call girly boxers. I have wanted to make myself a pair since I made some for my boys.
The pattern I used is from Ottobre magazine 05-2011, pattern No. 2 Sweet Dreams. I cut a size 40 as I prefer pj's to be on the loose side (I am between 38 and 40 since Christmas... darn it!). The fabric is a stretch satin (polyester) bought from Lincraft. I needed more than they state (I think they assume wide fabric). I used about 75 cm.
I made a few changes to the pattern. I cut the waistband facing off as I wanted to attach the elastic like boxers. I am not keen on using casing as I hate the elastic twisting and I think this looks more RTW. Well, from the outside anyway where you don't notice the wonky stitches that happen when you are sewing while stretching the elastic.
I also hemmed the pants instead of using picot-edged lace. I did use a fancy stitch though - pj's are one of the few places you can play with stitches!
This is how I plan to wear them - with a singlet tee, not tucked in though.
Sweet dreams - can't wait to try them when the weather decides to warm up again... Ciao!